Saturday, April 26, 2008

I want one of these NOW!!!


I want one of these! !!!

I saw one of these in person this morning and I want one. I have never had this kind of feeling about a car before. It is really strange to be feeling this way at my age, I don't know why I love it so much.

I first saw one of these in the movie "A Good Year" ( a very good movie by way) when Russell Crowe is driving one and I thought it was kind of fun looking. Now that I've seen one up close and personal as it were. I want one really bad.
I don't understand why. I'm far from being a small or tiny person but to me this car has such a high cool factor that I am lusting after it.
It is not at all practical given what we do for a living or that we frequently are driving our grandchildren to/from somewhere. We would not be able to drive our clients around to see houses. For sure would not be able to pull the boat with it (the boat is actually bigger), probably can't get open house signs in it very well. But I don't care, I want one now!
This must be what someone feels like when they are addicted to something. I could rationalize away all of the objections in the blink of an eye. Who cares if this thing is only 1 1/2 feet longer than a golf cart, or is totally impractical for our lives & our lifestyle or has a motor that is the size of my briefcase. That is not really suited for highway driving (if I lived in a big city, this baby would already be mine) has no room to take anything or anyone with you or that the last thing I need to do right now is go car shopping.
None of that stuff matters, it looks like a Hot Wheels car for adults and I WANT ONE NOW!!!
Brian Bartley

No comments: